Monday, November 28, 2005

You think I look bad you should see Tyler......

Hi All,

Slow typing for the next few weeks after Tyler and I had a disagreement over what our afternoon activity was to be on Saturday. I wanted to ride him...... he wanted to play WWF Superstars of Wrestling.... and try a Body Slam on me. Needless to say having 700kgs landing on me resulted in some injury..... one dislocated and fractured shoulder and some lovely black and blue (and yellow!) legs to be precise!! So it was my second trip to Lower Hutt hospital and some of that (lovely) gas again in six months!

It took three Doctors to put my arm back in and it hurt a bit. I was relieved to finally have it back in, as at that point I was contemplating putting my own shoulder back in as I was sick of waiting and I was running out of jokes to tell..... I think my joke telling was the real reason the Doctors wanted to knock me out to put my shoulder back in........ nice try Docs but not on your Nellie!! "But I can't have the gas if I am knocked out!!"

Tyler is incredibly sore....... and was incredibly disgraced with himself after the whole event - refusing to leave my side until he had walked me safely home - and that was after I used my good arm to severly whip his bootie - not from anger but because I was trying to send him home to raise the alarm!!

Soooooo I am now a temporary invalid and unable to do things like washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning and all the jobs that I just love!!! My amazing mother is being soooooo wonderful giving me her mornings so she can help me (although you gotta stop ironing Vics shirts Mum - that is just making me look bad *cheeky grin*). Friends and family are pitching in for the afternoons when Vic can't get away from work which is just awesome (thanks - you girls are awesome!). Vic is being awesome - and has the extra job of helping me showering and dressing every morning.... which he is feeling really ripped off about (yeah right!).

In all seriousness - the whole accident has been bit of a wake up call - while it is great to miss out on some of lifes chores for awhile, it is not worth missing for a moment the ability to cuddle and soothe Oliver when he cries. The only tears I have shed so far is not from the physical pain but the emotional pain it causes not to be able to hold , feed, carry, and protect my own wee baby - it totally sux. Then I just remember it is only for a short while..... and then I smile because for that I am very grateful!!

No comments: