Thursday, November 17, 2005

Its all about peace, love and mung beans at Boundary Stream this week!!

Hi All,

Another busy week for us - I have just started adding a 45 minute pilates session to my exercise regime. I would like to say that like the walking it is a daily thing but....... its not. I discovered all sorts of muscles I didn't even know I had after the first session!!! So I can only hack it once every second day. Amazing exercise though - I can see it benefiting my horse riding as it focuses on core body strength and balance.

As I have been made redundant by Fuji Xerox Printers and as it is so close to Christmas I decided that I better start looking at other things to do until I find another job (employment opportunitues six weeks before Christmas don't tend to be so good!!). So I have started my own business - not something I set out to do but something I have sort of fallen into. I was trying to find a toothpaste that was not full of chemicals as my teeth and gums have really been suffering (and ageing prematurely according to my Dental Hygienist!!) with the harsh chemicals in the off the shelf toothpastes and mouthwashes. Anyway to cut a long story short I found not only a toothpaste range but an entire product range that is not only natural but also Certified Organic and fell in love! The entire product range, the price of it and the fact that it is Certified Organic is awesome so have become a Business Associate in NZ for it. Watch this space!!! I am really excited to be involved with it!!!

With all the reading I had to undertake before I decided that I would like to represent an Organic and Natural Enterprise I have learnt a lot. It is scary the chemicals that everybody is exposed to on a daily basis! Along with switching to Organic health and beauty products I am expanding my vege garden at a rapid rate too!!

How is this for a scary fact: Cosmetic Companies are not supposed to claim that their products penetrate our skin. If they did the product would then be labelled a drug and henceforth be governed by much stricter regulations. This is both Good and Bad - Good because it can mean that your skin is nourished with some wonderful ingredients. Bad because it means some cosmetic companies can put whatever they please into thier products that would never be allowed to be taken orally, but are still absorbed through our skin. When I learnt this I was reminded of that Campbell Live episode where a major cometic company relied on this law to protect them from the fact that their products were proven to have very severe reactions because of the chemicals in them......... anyway nuff said?

Oliver hasn't missed out on the health and wellbeing week we have been having either....... he had another trip to the cranial oesteopath this week. Something we have both been doing to quicken our recovery from childbirth. I was a sceptic but now I would highly recommend them to anyone!!! Oliver has done nothing but sleep and eat for the last two days (which is a sign he has fallen into a self healing mode) and he is just so mellow and cruisy - he hardly cries at all now. As for me - I feel fantastic and have recovered really well from childbirth - it is like someone has given me a tune up and a panel beating - because I swear I am better than new!

Well gotta dash - I have a pig pen to build....... Vic and I have another addition to the farm "Odie" our black and white Wessex Saddleback piglet......... whoops sorry Vic did I forget to mention that we own a piglet now- naughty me!! Luv you long time babe :o)

Piccies and updates to follow!!!

Susan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new venture Susan! It sounds great!! Good luck! My parents are mad about organic stuff so I know how addictive it can be. xx Johanna