Sunday, November 20, 2005

The uncertain future of Odie and Paris and the rest of our weekend.....

As you may well notice from the piccies - we are up two more four legged creatures at Boundary Stream:o) I did try very, very hard to bring home one piglet - but I just couldn't help myself and now we have ended up with two (and how could i not when they are just so damn cute!!!). We have a boy and a girl - both around 5 weeks old. So we have named them Paris (sow) and Odie (boar). They are very small now but I met thier daddy and he came up past my waist standing on four legs........ he was bigger than some ponies I have met!

Vic was an absolute Handyman God and managed to build a pen, and a house for them in one weekend.... of course his motivation possibly came from the temporary home these two little piggies had in his garage right next to his brand new home gym........

So the plan is to see how they go for the next few months - I already have grand plans of breeding piggies from the sow..... Vic has visions of a large bacon supply. Although it has to be said I wasn't the one spending my Sunday afternoon chasing the wee piggies around in thier pen for no other reason than to handle them. I finally got to spend some time with them this evening laying the straw for thier bedding but Vic had to oversee that also....... hmmmm watch this space.... will Paris and Odie ever make it to the freezer - shall we run a sweepstake?

Oliver had an exciting weekend he met his first dog - Eva, when we were visiting our friends Todd and Ange. Oliver was absolutely besotted with her...... he kept looking at her, smiling and when she came close he was reaching out for her and when she was close he just had to grab her, pull her ears - he could not stop giggling when he was touching her. The photos I took didn't really capture how adoringly he was looking at her. Eva was awesome with all of this attention from a little baby who really does not know his own strength when he grabs things!

I did try and go out for my ride this morning but I stupidly took Tyler out who hadn't been ridden for two weeks, is full of spring grass and hot tempered at the best of times. Needless to say our ride was cut short after he decided that a little blue car really was so scarey that it justified a rear (we had just passed numerous cars pulling trailers with MotoX bikes on them), and if I didn't agree he would just buck until I knew better...... so as sensible was just something he was not able to give me this morning I took him home and lunged him. Despite all of that I have to admire my big baby - he tried so hard to be good while we were out, and he was nothing but obedient while I was lunging him. I am not sure if Kiara would have been much calmer as she is also full of spring grass and her favourite passtime this weekend has been jumping fences.

Gotta dash - haven't stopped all day and looking forward to soaking in a bath with a glass of port before bed :o)

No comments: