Monday, October 31, 2005

I am so slack....!

Hi All,

Phew! Been super busy the last few weeks so Blog entries have been a little less frequent. All is good on the farm, Tyler is recovering well from his 'crash' two weeks ago - where he managed to slice his leg open on his own shoe - so he has was bandaged up for a week and it seems to be healing really well - if I am really lucky it may not even scar! Kiara has been up to her usual tricks - leading Tyler quite literally down the garden path..... although not our garden path Wayne and Sandra's Garden Path (they live about 2km up the road) . She decided that she had, had enough spring grass and was quite bored of her paddock so unlatched the gate and took Tyler for a walk down the road. The first I knew of it was when Sandra came down to let me know that my horses were sunbathing in her front garden and I could collect them when I had a moment. Vic and I have since put a bike lock on the gate, and decided that we should move from the shame of our 'houdini' horses. Kiara has a bit of a track record for escaping and going for wee adventures...... this would be the sixth time she has escaped from her paddock to go for a walk..... I must confess it made a pleasant change to be collecting her in daylight as oppose to the middle of the night which has happened the last three times.......

Oliver is a wee dude - we have started him on his first solids - and he just can't get enough of them!! He only gets solids once a day at the moment and he has Vic and I in stitches - it is like the mumma bird feeding a baby bird - he opens his mouth wide as soon as he sees the spoon and lunges for it (or maybe he has just seen the way his father eats ;oP)! Plunket say to start off feeding just a couple of teaspoons but we have screams of protest if we give him any less than half a cup!! His favorite food seems to be apple and mango mixed with baby rice.... which he will lick off his bib after he has finished his wee plate of it - can't complain about that - he is my self cleaning baby!

Oliver is proving to be quite the talker at the moment - he will quite happily tell us all about everything - yelling where he feels appropriate, and talking very quietly for effect - of course if we could understand his 'vowel' only language I am sure we would have a much clearer idea of just exactly how interesting his stories really are!! He spent and afternoon with his Nanna and Grandad last week while I had to attend a meeting in town... I am not sure who enjoyed it more - Ollie or his Grandparents!

Well I best dash - have loads of things to organise for the coming week.... like finalising Kiaras breeding arrangements, and making a piggie/goat pen..........

Hope you all have a marvellous week!

No comments: