Saturday, October 08, 2005

Hi All,

Thanks for checking out our newly created Blog site. With Steves recent departure to Antarctica, I was motivated to copy his idea of "Blogging". Thanks Stevie (by the way how are the penguins?) As we live out in the sticks and have no access to Broadband (yet!) and sending photos out to everyone gets to be a rather time consuming task over dial up!! So....... we figured the easiest way to update you all with events at Boundary Stream and of piccies of Oliver is to post them somewhere!

Another realtively mellow week for us at Boundary Stream. Oliver has discovered he has a head - so is constantly putting his hands on his head, stuffing his hands in his mouth, pulling on his ears, rubbing his nose etc etc..... he also finds endless amusement in watching his feet and is besotted with Gabriel the cat although not enough to try and grab him - thank goodness!

Gabriel has had an interesting week....... he has been chasing those "wascally wabbits" for a month or so now and finally managed to capture his first very tiny baby bunny this week. He didn't get a chance to do much other than chase it all over the drive before I came running out to take it off him. I of course had to have a wee cuddle before I set it free.... and couldn't help laughing at myself because if one of the horses falls into a rabbit hole I will be the first one out there with a gun shooting every rabbit I see!

Tyler and Kiara have been enjoying spring grass all week so have had several games of 'horse tag' in the paddock - which is fantastic as I feel lots better when they get some exercise - even if it is self exercising. I am riding Tyler just once a week at the moment (because of weather) - I have organised several of the horsey chicks in the Valley to meet me on Sundays for a 'big' ride. I have hundreds of acres to ride over now that I have convinced the council to lend me a key to the forestry tracks and the riding is exceptional!!! Tyler will be a muscle bound freak in a few weeks. Kiara is doing well and I am constantly on the look out for a stallion to put her too so she can pass some of those fantastic genes on!

Vic and Oliver had a ride on the Wellington Cable Car today - something both of them have never done! Oliver has a good excuse of course, not being able to walk yet and all! We cruised around the Botanical Gardens admiring the rather dead looking Tulips (hee hee thanks Kylie!).

Well that is us... and I am bolting outside as the weather has cleared so I am hoping that I might be able to go for a ride this afternoon - even if it has to be between showers.

Love and Hugs to you all!!

No comments: