Thursday, August 23, 2007

Some woman buy shoes and handbags..... I buy scruffy wee horses



This is Alabama (paddock name Acorn).... and I found her hiding in the back Terawhiti Station in Makara wanting a new home. The trial ride I had on her consisited of jumping on her with no helmet and riding accross a paddock filled with Motorcross bikes whizzing around, 4WD vechicles revving thier engines and a paddock full of Captain Cook pigs. She didn't flinch, get spooked or falter once. But what made me absolutely want her - was the fact that she was as cruisy as all this when she hadn't been ridden for five months, and she is only four! She impressed me even more when I went to collect her loading onto my horse float like she was twenty and had been doing it for years! And at home she continues to be an absolute cruiser - my horsey friends cannot get over how totally laid back she is - falling asleep in situations where other horses would be spooking or shaking from head to toe!

No comments: